We Are Libertarians with Chris Spangle
About the Show
We are libertarians. We love politics and the news, and our mission is to apply libertarian principles to the stories you and your friends are discussing. We want to make you sound smarter while treating modern politics with all of the irreverence it deserves. We seek to teach individuals about the news of the day, the libertarian philosophy, the libertarian movement, and how to think differently. Our host is Chris Spangle, a fifteen year veteran of politics and media. He leads a discussion amongst friends that span the libertarian spectrum of thought. The twice-weekly podcast was founded in 2012.
We hold the following paradigms for our political analysis:
- First and Foremost, We Ask 'What Is Best For Liberty?" by embracing the following concepts:
• Individualism • Individual Rights • Spontaneous Order • Limited Government • Free Markets • The Virtue of Production • Natural Harmony of Interest • Peace
- All Contributions Towards Moving Society in This Direction are Valued
- The Golden Rule is the Foundational Principle Of a Libertarian Society
- Government Exists And Politics Will Not Cease In Our Lifetime
- We Are Libertarians Will Serve As an Entry Point into the Libertarian Movement
- We Believe in Presenting All Sides of An Issue To Let the Listener or Reader Make Up Their Minds
- Achieving Liberty is a Never-Ending Fight and Libertarians Must Invest in Future Generations
- Every Individual Can Make Societal Change
- We Embrace Complexity and Reject Tribalism
- We Treat Modern Politics With All of the Irreverence It Deserves Read more at WeAreLibertarians.com.
Where to Find Us:
• Our podcast airs Wednesdays and Fridays: https://wal.fireside.fm/
• Learn more about us at http://wearelibertarians.com/
• Snapchat/Twitter: WeRLibertarians
• IG/Facebook: WeAreLibertarians
• Watch on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/wearelibertarians
• Join Our Email List: http://eepurl.com/sJ3Zb
• Join the Discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/Egss9XX
• Join our Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/wearelibertarians/
• Donate at Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/wearelibertarians
Disclaimer: This site and its content is not an endorsement of any political group, candidate, or party. All of the opinions are those of the individual author making the statement. The views of each contributor do not reflect the opinion of their employer or other contributors.
76: Anarchy, Kiev, Venezuela, and the FCC
February 23rd, 2014 | 1 hr 40 mins
After discovering that Spangle has gone missing, Greg, Peffers, & Joe Ruiz carry on with a discussion about Anarchy, Kiev, Venezuela, and the FCC.
75: The Problem with Anarchy
February 2nd, 2014 | 1 hr 11 mins
Chris, Greg, and Gena review the discussions of anarchism that has taken place on the show and discuss their blind spots with libertarianism. Thanks for the patience on this episode.
Interview: Noam Chomsky
January 25th, 2014 | 16 mins 59 secs
We interview Noam Chomsky on linguistics, propaganda, terrorism, American foreign policy, and his view on modern libertarianism. We then talk about the media’s slant on the government shutdown and the future of journalism.
74: Jeffrey Tucker on Liberty.me, the NSA and MLK’s Legacy
January 20th, 2014 | 1 hr 40 mins
Chris, Greg, Joe, and Dan are joined by Jeffrey Tucker to discuss his new venture Liberty.me, an NSA-less society, and the civil liberties battle of the future using MLK’s model.
73: Walter Block, An EPA Free World, War on Poverty
January 13th, 2014 | 1 hr 17 mins
Chris Spangle and Dan Peffers are joined by Dr. Walter Block. They discuss the chemical leak in WV, the 50th anniversary of the War on Poverty, courts in a stateless society, Dr. Block’s recent controversy, and his favorite TV shows.
72: Muh Snowy, Corrupt Roads
January 11th, 2014 | 1 hr 13 mins
Chris, Greg, Gena, and Dan discuss the shutdown of snowy roads, the shutdown of the GWB by Chris Christie, and Rand Paul’s stance on Snowden prison time.
71: Creighton Returns, Economic Update, Racists
December 30th, 2013 | 1 hr 56 mins
Chris, Creighton, and Greg catch up on Creighton’s YAL job, discuss the GOP takeover, where the economy is heading, and wonder if Phil Robertson is a racist.
70: Duck Dynasty, Millennial Gender Roles
December 21st, 2013 | 1 hr 38 mins
Chris, Greg, and Gena try to figure out if they actually care about the Duck Dynasty kerfuffle, ask you to #gettalking about government-less marriage, discuss the Obamacare #gettalking guy and the pussification of American men, and discuss gender roles in the millennial generation.
69: The State of Racism, Higher Education, Budgets
December 14th, 2013 | 1 hr 39 mins
Chris, Greg, Gena, and Harry Price discuss the current state of race issues, ask if college is worth it, give thoughts on the budget deal, and discuss South Carolina’s nullification of Obamacare.
68: Black Friday and Property Rights
November 30th, 2013 | 1 hr 12 mins
Chris, Greg, Dan Peffers, and Chris Peffers discuss the creeping of Black Friday and the development of property rights.
67: Nuclear Option, Rob Ford, and Q and A
November 23rd, 2013 | 1 hr 22 mins
Chris, Greg, and Gena discuss the changing of the filibuster, the wacky, white, menace of the north, and we take your questions.
66: Religion and Anarcho-Justice
November 16th, 2013 | 1 hr 23 mins
Chris, Greg, Gena, and Chris and Dan Peffers discuss libertarianism and religion and debate if criminal justice works in an anarchist society.
65: Wasted Vote Syndrome
November 9th, 2013 | 1 hr 27 mins
Chris, Greg, and Dan discuss the wasted vote syndrome and answer “who will build the roads.”
64: Obamacare Website Woes
November 2nd, 2013 | 1 hr 37 mins
Chris, Greg, and the Brothers Peffers (Dan and Chris) discuss the future of Obamacare, why John McCain might have been right about the shutdown, and homeschooling.