We Are Libertarians with Chris Spangle
About the Show
We are libertarians. We love politics and the news, and our mission is to apply libertarian principles to the stories you and your friends are discussing. We want to make you sound smarter while treating modern politics with all of the irreverence it deserves. We seek to teach individuals about the news of the day, the libertarian philosophy, the libertarian movement, and how to think differently. Our host is Chris Spangle, a fifteen year veteran of politics and media. He leads a discussion amongst friends that span the libertarian spectrum of thought. The twice-weekly podcast was founded in 2012.
We hold the following paradigms for our political analysis:
- First and Foremost, We Ask 'What Is Best For Liberty?" by embracing the following concepts:
• Individualism • Individual Rights • Spontaneous Order • Limited Government • Free Markets • The Virtue of Production • Natural Harmony of Interest • Peace
- All Contributions Towards Moving Society in This Direction are Valued
- The Golden Rule is the Foundational Principle Of a Libertarian Society
- Government Exists And Politics Will Not Cease In Our Lifetime
- We Are Libertarians Will Serve As an Entry Point into the Libertarian Movement
- We Believe in Presenting All Sides of An Issue To Let the Listener or Reader Make Up Their Minds
- Achieving Liberty is a Never-Ending Fight and Libertarians Must Invest in Future Generations
- Every Individual Can Make Societal Change
- We Embrace Complexity and Reject Tribalism
- We Treat Modern Politics With All of the Irreverence It Deserves Read more at WeAreLibertarians.com.
Where to Find Us:
• Our podcast airs Wednesdays and Fridays: https://wal.fireside.fm/
• Learn more about us at http://wearelibertarians.com/
• Snapchat/Twitter: WeRLibertarians
• IG/Facebook: WeAreLibertarians
• Watch on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/wearelibertarians
• Join Our Email List: http://eepurl.com/sJ3Zb
• Join the Discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/Egss9XX
• Join our Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/wearelibertarians/
• Donate at Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/wearelibertarians
Disclaimer: This site and its content is not an endorsement of any political group, candidate, or party. All of the opinions are those of the individual author making the statement. The views of each contributor do not reflect the opinion of their employer or other contributors.
August 31st, 2013 | 1 hr 42 mins
We open the show with the President’s comments on Saturday and an analysis by Chris Spangle. We then discuss every aspect of the Syrian conflict. What about a strike is in our national interest? Why had Obama betrayed his earlier principles? Are we seeing parallels between Europe 1914 and the Middle East today as the old order of governments falls away? This show is hosted by Chris Spangle, Creighton Harrington, Greg Lenz, and Gena Martinez.
Chris Spangle Interviews with Martin Luther King III
August 28th, 2013 | 25 mins 50 secs
I had the pleasure of interviewing Martin Luther King III, Dr. King's son, about his father's legacy in 2007 at an event in Indianapolis.
56: Feminism and Empathy in Politics
August 24th, 2013 | 1 hr 19 mins
Chris, Greg, Gena, and Lynn Swayze discuss a recent article that Lynn wrote defining feminism and we then discuss civility and standards in political analysis.
Shill Report 9: Al Jazeera, Rue Britannia
August 24th, 2013 | 1 hr 1 min
Ryan, Chris, and Joe discuss the launch of Al Jazeera America and the need for a 1st Amendment in Britain.
Shill Report 8: Rob Kendall and LP Inclusion in Debates
August 17th, 2013 | 59 mins 46 secs
We invite Rob Kendall, author and host of the Rob Kendall Show, on to discuss writing a book, political activism, and working in radio.
55: Egypt and The End of the Drug War?
August 15th, 2013 | 1 hr 18 mins
Chris, Greg, and Gena discuss the upheaval in Egypt and what it means for the world, and the end of mandatory minimums and maybe the drug war? *WARNING** We complement the Obama administration 1 1/2 times in this episode.
54: The First Victimhood Presidency
August 10th, 2013 | 1 hr 23 mins
Chris, Creighton, Greg, and Gena discuss Creighton’s time at the HQ of Young Americans for Liberty in DC this summer, Barack Obama’s victimhood, and the coming revelation on Obama’s own Iran-Contra scandal.
Shill Report 7: Cable News Shake-Ups and WaPo
August 10th, 2013 | 1 hr 7 mins
We discuss the potential prime-time shake-ups at cable news outlets, the Bezos purchase of the Washington Post, CNN’s reach for relevance, and when to use inside information.
Shill Report 6: Jake Tapper, Bradley Manning, and Be the Media
August 3rd, 2013 | 56 mins 37 secs
Ryan, Chris and Joe discuss Spangle’s love for Jake Tapper and his investigative journalism at CNN, the lack of news on the Bradley Manning trial, and discuss being the media.
Shill Report 5: Casey Hendrickson, Amash Coverage, Jay Carney
July 28th, 2013 | 1 hr 24 secs
Ryan, Chris, and Joe learn what it is like to be a local talk radio show host from Casey Hendrickson, and then discuss coverage of the Amash amendment, and Jay Carney has another bad week.
53: Detroit, Amash, and Superficial Politics
July 28th, 2013 | 1 hr 24 mins
Chris, Greg, and Suzanne Schaefer of Anarchy and a Cup of Coffee discuss what is responsible for the downfall of Detroit, the Amash amendment, and the superficial politics of Sydney Leathers.
Shill Report 4: Rolling Stone, Zimmerman, and State Run Media
July 20th, 2013 | 1 hr 16 mins
We give a different perspective on the Rolling Stone kerfuffle, the media and Zimmerman, and Bradley Manning.
52: Cheney, Centrists, and Obamacare
July 19th, 2013 | 1 hr 51 mins
Chris, Creighton, Greg, and Gena discuss the war inside the GOP, where centrists fit in American politics, and discuss the latest developments in Obamacare.
Shill Report 3: Zimmerman News Network
July 12th, 2013 | 57 mins 40 secs
We discuss the wall to wall coverage of the Zimmerman trial.