We Are Libertarians with Chris Spangle
About the Show
We are libertarians. We love politics and the news, and our mission is to apply libertarian principles to the stories you and your friends are discussing. We want to make you sound smarter while treating modern politics with all of the irreverence it deserves. We seek to teach individuals about the news of the day, the libertarian philosophy, the libertarian movement, and how to think differently. Our host is Chris Spangle, a fifteen year veteran of politics and media. He leads a discussion amongst friends that span the libertarian spectrum of thought. The twice-weekly podcast was founded in 2012.
We hold the following paradigms for our political analysis:
- First and Foremost, We Ask 'What Is Best For Liberty?" by embracing the following concepts:
• Individualism • Individual Rights • Spontaneous Order • Limited Government • Free Markets • The Virtue of Production • Natural Harmony of Interest • Peace
- All Contributions Towards Moving Society in This Direction are Valued
- The Golden Rule is the Foundational Principle Of a Libertarian Society
- Government Exists And Politics Will Not Cease In Our Lifetime
- We Are Libertarians Will Serve As an Entry Point into the Libertarian Movement
- We Believe in Presenting All Sides of An Issue To Let the Listener or Reader Make Up Their Minds
- Achieving Liberty is a Never-Ending Fight and Libertarians Must Invest in Future Generations
- Every Individual Can Make Societal Change
- We Embrace Complexity and Reject Tribalism
- We Treat Modern Politics With All of the Irreverence It Deserves Read more at WeAreLibertarians.com.
Where to Find Us:
• Our podcast airs Wednesdays and Fridays: https://wal.fireside.fm/
• Learn more about us at http://wearelibertarians.com/
• Snapchat/Twitter: WeRLibertarians
• IG/Facebook: WeAreLibertarians
• Watch on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/wearelibertarians
• Join Our Email List: http://eepurl.com/sJ3Zb
• Join the Discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/Egss9XX
• Join our Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/wearelibertarians/
• Donate at Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/wearelibertarians
Disclaimer: This site and its content is not an endorsement of any political group, candidate, or party. All of the opinions are those of the individual author making the statement. The views of each contributor do not reflect the opinion of their employer or other contributors.
46: Interning at YAL, FBI Goes Too Far, The Aggression Principle
June 1st, 2013 | 1 hr 10 mins
Chris, Creighton, Greg and Joe discuss Creighton's internship at Young Americans For Liberty (not affiliated with this podcast in any way, shape, or form), the moral dilemma of the FBI running a child porn site, and why do so many libertarians subscribe to the aggression principle?
45: Obama Scandal Updates
May 30th, 2013 | 1 hr 28 mins
Chris, Greg, Miah, and Suzanne Schaefer discuss the ongoing Obama scandals while making fun of each other. Due to some technical issues, we’re posting a week late. Sorry.
45.5: Adam Kokesh
May 30th, 2013 | 28 mins 29 secs
Chris, Greg, Miah and Suzanne Schaefer share their thoughts on Adam Kokesh. This is cut out of the regular show because it is no longer timely, but worth the listen.
44: Three Scandals and a Maybe
May 16th, 2013 | 1 hr 27 mins
Chris, Creighton, Joe Ruiz, and Miah Akston discuss the three Obama scandals (IRS, AP spying, and Benghazi) and speculate on a potential fourth.
43: Religion, The Redskins, and James Nease
May 3rd, 2013 | 1 hr 25 mins
Chris, Creighton, Greg, and Ethan Hatcher discuss religion in the military and Christian persecution, Miah pops in to discuss the Washington Redskins and white people, and then James Nease shows up to ruin our podcast with drugs and Mutualism.
42: Fourth Amendment, Miranda Rights, Terrorism and Islam
April 23rd, 2013 | 1 hr 57 mins
Chris, Creighton, Greg, Miah Akston, and Gena Martinez discuss the Boston bomber search and the violation of Watertown's fourth amendment rights, the alleged terrorists Miranda rights, what could have led to their radicalization, and what can we do about terrorism?
Libertarianism and Politics in the Millennial Generation
April 23rd, 2013 | 49 mins 30 secs
Chris Spangle speaks to the Libertarian Party of Indiana about libertarianism and politics amongst the millennial generation.
41: Guns, Obama, Boston
April 18th, 2013 | 1 hr 14 mins
Chris, Creighton, and Greg discuss the death of the gun control bill, Obama’s aloofness, and Boston.
Spangle interviews Crazy Larry
April 12th, 2013 | 38 mins 3 secs
Here is my interview with Crazy Larry, a WXNT fan favorite, when I guest-hosted the show on August 3, 2007.
40: North Korea and Racism
April 12th, 2013 | 1 hr 11 mins
Chris, Creighton and Greg discuss the little fat kid in North Korea, and then three white guys talk about racism.
39: Libertarian Transformations, Media, WAL’s Future
April 5th, 2013 | 1 hr 44 mins
Chris, Creighton, Greg, Joe Ruiz, and Daniel Peffers discuss when we should take prominent libertarian figures at their word, we discuss our favorite media outlets and how we consume the news, and the vision for We Are Libertarians.
38: Gay Marriage, Our Doomed World and How Millennials Can Save It
March 30th, 2013 | 1 hr 48 mins
Chris, Creighton, Greg and Lynn Swayze discuss gay marriage, Cyprus, Russia and China and our terrifying possible future, how Millennials can save it, and Creighton jams out for the audience.
37: Budgets, the Soul of the GOP, and CPAC
March 17th, 2013 | 1 hr 9 mins
Chris, Greg, Creighton, and Joe Ruiz discuss the newest budget proposals, the soul of the GOP (if there is one) and discuss the CPAC straw poll.
36: Rand Paul, Rubio, and Rodman
March 8th, 2013 | 1 hr 40 mins
Chris, Creighton, Greg, and Miah discuss Rand Paul, drones, the rest of the Senate’s reaction, and Dennis Rodman. If you are a Creighton fan, then you will LOVE this episode This episode marks the ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY of We Are Libertarians!