We Are Libertarians with Chris Spangle
About the Show
We are libertarians. We love politics and the news, and our mission is to apply libertarian principles to the stories you and your friends are discussing. We want to make you sound smarter while treating modern politics with all of the irreverence it deserves. We seek to teach individuals about the news of the day, the libertarian philosophy, the libertarian movement, and how to think differently. Our host is Chris Spangle, a fifteen year veteran of politics and media. He leads a discussion amongst friends that span the libertarian spectrum of thought. The twice-weekly podcast was founded in 2012.
We hold the following paradigms for our political analysis:
- First and Foremost, We Ask 'What Is Best For Liberty?" by embracing the following concepts:
• Individualism • Individual Rights • Spontaneous Order • Limited Government • Free Markets • The Virtue of Production • Natural Harmony of Interest • Peace
- All Contributions Towards Moving Society in This Direction are Valued
- The Golden Rule is the Foundational Principle Of a Libertarian Society
- Government Exists And Politics Will Not Cease In Our Lifetime
- We Are Libertarians Will Serve As an Entry Point into the Libertarian Movement
- We Believe in Presenting All Sides of An Issue To Let the Listener or Reader Make Up Their Minds
- Achieving Liberty is a Never-Ending Fight and Libertarians Must Invest in Future Generations
- Every Individual Can Make Societal Change
- We Embrace Complexity and Reject Tribalism
- We Treat Modern Politics With All of the Irreverence It Deserves Read more at WeAreLibertarians.com.
Where to Find Us:
• Our podcast airs Wednesdays and Fridays: https://wal.fireside.fm/
• Learn more about us at http://wearelibertarians.com/
• Snapchat/Twitter: WeRLibertarians
• IG/Facebook: WeAreLibertarians
• Watch on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/wearelibertarians
• Join Our Email List: http://eepurl.com/sJ3Zb
• Join the Discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/Egss9XX
• Join our Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/wearelibertarians/
• Donate at Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/wearelibertarians
Disclaimer: This site and its content is not an endorsement of any political group, candidate, or party. All of the opinions are those of the individual author making the statement. The views of each contributor do not reflect the opinion of their employer or other contributors.
Chris on Off the Air Live Discussing Glenn Beck
February 28th, 2013 | 18 mins
Chris joins Off the Air Live. “Glenn Beck begs for acceptance from libertarians..is it about time we be a little more open minded to newcomers who want to learn? We talk to Chris Spangle from We are Libertarians about this ”
34: Gault’s Google Obsession and the Future of the Libertarian Movement
February 23rd, 2013 | 1 hr 2 mins
Chris, Chris, Creighton, and Greg discuss Gault’s behavior over Google products, Spangle gives an update on the Students for Liberty conference, and the guys discuss the future of the libertarian movement. We also end with some very troubling audio from Washington D.C.
Interview: Rupert Boneham on Private Charity
February 23rd, 2013 | 34 mins 49 secs
Chris Spangle sat down with Rupert Boneham to discuss the origin and mission of Rupert’s Kids, the kids in the program, and our broken criminal justice system. He makes some very thoughtful points about how our system sets up the kids caught in the bottom 10% of the socio-economic ladder for failure. You can donate to Rupert’s Kids.
33: SOTU, Minimum Wage, and Dorner
February 15th, 2013 | 1 hr 25 mins
Chris, Creighton, Miah and Greg discuss the State of the Union, Minimum wage, and the due process not afforded to Christopher Dorner.
Interview: Elkhart County Sheriff Brad Rogers
February 13th, 2013 | 18 mins 2 secs
Today I had the opportunity to interview Elkhart County Sheriff Brad Rogers. Sheriff Rogers is a Constitutionalist who feels very passionately about the responsibilities that he has been given. He takes pride in maintaining his oath and standing by our...
32: Killing Americans, the LAPD, USPS, and IMS
February 9th, 2013 | 1 hr 9 mins
Chris, Creighton and Greg discuss the government killing Americans, the LAPD and the man terrorizing them, the USPS ending Saturday delivery, and the Indianapolis Motor Speedway asking for corporate welfare.
31: Dani the deer and Rule of Law, Immigration, and Guns on Campus
February 2nd, 2013 | 1 hr 11 mins
The guys discuss Dani the deer and Rule of Law, Immigrations, and Guns on Campus.
30: Obama 2.0, Hitler 2.0, 2016 and Rand Paul
January 25th, 2013 | 1 hr 7 mins
The guys discuss the Obama inauguration, if the words the right use about Obama are sometimes too extreme, and delve in to the 2016 elections.
29: Platinum Coins, Chuck Hagel, and Gun Registration
January 9th, 2013 | 1 hr 3 mins
The guys discuss platinum coins, Chuck Hagel, and gun registration.
28: Debating the Debt
January 5th, 2013 | 39 mins 58 secs
The guys discuss the looming debt “crisis.”
27: Gun Rights, Fiscal Cliffs, and Mittens
December 29th, 2012 | 58 mins 51 secs
Chris Spangle, Creighton, and guest host Greg Lenz discuss guns in the wake of Newton and the fiscal cliff.
26: Election Results, Petraus, Ron Paul’s Legacy
November 16th, 2012 | 1 hr 28 mins
The guys discuss the election results, why Mitt lost, why Mourdock lost, why Petraus resigned, why did an FBI agent send shirtless photos?, what Ron Paul leaves behind, and what will the libertarian movement do now?
Judge Jim Gray on Running for Vice President
November 3rd, 2012 | 9 mins 16 secs
LP Vice Presidential Candidate Judge Jim Gray speaks to the LPIN podcast.
Local Bloggers Jon Easter and Paul Ogden Discuss Libertarians, Blogging, and Civility
November 3rd, 2012 | 57 mins 45 secs
Local Bloggers Jon Easter (Indy Democrat) and Paul Ogden (Ogden on Politics) discuss Libertarians, blogging, and civility in politics. They explain what they like about Libertarians, where they can grow, how we all can work together, what blogs they follow, and how to write a local political blog.