We Are Libertarians with Chris Spangle
About the Show
We are libertarians. We love politics and the news, and our mission is to apply libertarian principles to the stories you and your friends are discussing. We want to make you sound smarter while treating modern politics with all of the irreverence it deserves. We seek to teach individuals about the news of the day, the libertarian philosophy, the libertarian movement, and how to think differently. Our host is Chris Spangle, a fifteen year veteran of politics and media. He leads a discussion amongst friends that span the libertarian spectrum of thought. The twice-weekly podcast was founded in 2012.
We hold the following paradigms for our political analysis:
- First and Foremost, We Ask 'What Is Best For Liberty?" by embracing the following concepts:
• Individualism • Individual Rights • Spontaneous Order • Limited Government • Free Markets • The Virtue of Production • Natural Harmony of Interest • Peace
- All Contributions Towards Moving Society in This Direction are Valued
- The Golden Rule is the Foundational Principle Of a Libertarian Society
- Government Exists And Politics Will Not Cease In Our Lifetime
- We Are Libertarians Will Serve As an Entry Point into the Libertarian Movement
- We Believe in Presenting All Sides of An Issue To Let the Listener or Reader Make Up Their Minds
- Achieving Liberty is a Never-Ending Fight and Libertarians Must Invest in Future Generations
- Every Individual Can Make Societal Change
- We Embrace Complexity and Reject Tribalism
- We Treat Modern Politics With All of the Irreverence It Deserves Read more at WeAreLibertarians.com.
Where to Find Us:
• Our podcast airs Wednesdays and Fridays: https://wal.fireside.fm/
• Learn more about us at http://wearelibertarians.com/
• Snapchat/Twitter: WeRLibertarians
• IG/Facebook: WeAreLibertarians
• Watch on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/wearelibertarians
• Join Our Email List: http://eepurl.com/sJ3Zb
• Join the Discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/Egss9XX
• Join our Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/wearelibertarians/
• Donate at Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/wearelibertarians
Disclaimer: This site and its content is not an endorsement of any political group, candidate, or party. All of the opinions are those of the individual author making the statement. The views of each contributor do not reflect the opinion of their employer or other contributors.
30: Obama 2.0, Hitler 2.0, 2016 and Rand Paul
January 25th, 2013 | 1 hr 7 mins
The guys discuss the Obama inauguration, if the words the right use about Obama are sometimes too extreme, and delve in to the 2016 elections.
29: Platinum Coins, Chuck Hagel, and Gun Registration
January 9th, 2013 | 1 hr 3 mins
The guys discuss platinum coins, Chuck Hagel, and gun registration.
28: Debating the Debt
January 5th, 2013 | 39 mins 58 secs
The guys discuss the looming debt “crisis.”
27: Gun Rights, Fiscal Cliffs, and Mittens
December 29th, 2012 | 58 mins 51 secs
Chris Spangle, Creighton, and guest host Greg Lenz discuss guns in the wake of Newton and the fiscal cliff.
26: Election Results, Petraus, Ron Paul’s Legacy
November 16th, 2012 | 1 hr 28 mins
The guys discuss the election results, why Mitt lost, why Mourdock lost, why Petraus resigned, why did an FBI agent send shirtless photos?, what Ron Paul leaves behind, and what will the libertarian movement do now?
Judge Jim Gray on Running for Vice President
November 3rd, 2012 | 9 mins 16 secs
LP Vice Presidential Candidate Judge Jim Gray speaks to the LPIN podcast.
Local Bloggers Jon Easter and Paul Ogden Discuss Libertarians, Blogging, and Civility
November 3rd, 2012 | 57 mins 45 secs
Local Bloggers Jon Easter (Indy Democrat) and Paul Ogden (Ogden on Politics) discuss Libertarians, blogging, and civility in politics. They explain what they like about Libertarians, where they can grow, how we all can work together, what blogs they follow, and how to write a local political blog.
25: Sandy, Charity, Abortion, and Tuesday
November 2nd, 2012 | 1 hr 17 mins
The guys discuss Sandy, private charity and FEMA, Mourdock’s abortion comments, and other election related issues.
Chris Spangle on the Hammer and Nigel Election Special
November 2nd, 2012 | 1 hr 6 mins
Chris Spangle on the Hammer and Nigel Election Special – “With the election less than a week away we had in our three political insiders: Chris Spangle, April D Gregory , and Abdul.
Jeremiah Morrell on Running for House District 54
October 26th, 2012 | 11 mins 47 secs
Jeremiah Morrell, House District 54, on his run for office.
Chard Reid for IN Congressional District 5
October 22nd, 2012 | 28 mins 57 secs
Chard Reid reflects on his two campaigns. He discusses how he handles debates, why he’s aggressive towards his opponents, and why so many tea partiers support him over his Republican opponents.
October 19th, 2012 | 1 hr 7 mins
The guys discuss the Presidential and Vice Presidential debates, the Indiana Governor and Senate debates, and the media. Thanks to Brian Wallen for our new theme music! http://www.briankeithwallen.com/
Chris Spangle on the The Gary Snyder Show
October 15th, 2012 | 17 mins 20 secs
Chris Spangle, Executive Director previews US Senate debate night on The Gary Snyder Show.
23: Gangam Style, Tea Parties, and then The Fight
September 24th, 2012 | 1 hr 57 secs
The seeds of last week’s passive aggression bubble over in to plain-old aggression over discussing conspiracies. We also discuss types of personalities in politics and what the heck happened to the tea party.
22: James Nease, Discord, Bad Cords, and Property Rights
September 14th, 2012 | 1 hr 9 mins
In a show filled with co-host discord, bad cords, and James Nease, the guys go deep in the philosophy of mutualism vs. anarcho-capitalism, property rights, eminent domain, and the future of the economy after QE 3.