We Are Libertarians with Chris Spangle
About the Show
We are libertarians. We love politics and the news, and our mission is to apply libertarian principles to the stories you and your friends are discussing. We want to make you sound smarter while treating modern politics with all of the irreverence it deserves. We seek to teach individuals about the news of the day, the libertarian philosophy, the libertarian movement, and how to think differently. Our host is Chris Spangle, a fifteen year veteran of politics and media. He leads a discussion amongst friends that span the libertarian spectrum of thought. The twice-weekly podcast was founded in 2012.
We hold the following paradigms for our political analysis:
- First and Foremost, We Ask 'What Is Best For Liberty?" by embracing the following concepts:
• Individualism • Individual Rights • Spontaneous Order • Limited Government • Free Markets • The Virtue of Production • Natural Harmony of Interest • Peace
- All Contributions Towards Moving Society in This Direction are Valued
- The Golden Rule is the Foundational Principle Of a Libertarian Society
- Government Exists And Politics Will Not Cease In Our Lifetime
- We Are Libertarians Will Serve As an Entry Point into the Libertarian Movement
- We Believe in Presenting All Sides of An Issue To Let the Listener or Reader Make Up Their Minds
- Achieving Liberty is a Never-Ending Fight and Libertarians Must Invest in Future Generations
- Every Individual Can Make Societal Change
- We Embrace Complexity and Reject Tribalism
- We Treat Modern Politics With All of the Irreverence It Deserves Read more at WeAreLibertarians.com.
Where to Find Us:
• Our podcast airs Wednesdays and Fridays: https://wal.fireside.fm/
• Learn more about us at http://wearelibertarians.com/
• Snapchat/Twitter: WeRLibertarians
• IG/Facebook: WeAreLibertarians
• Watch on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/wearelibertarians
• Join Our Email List: http://eepurl.com/sJ3Zb
• Join the Discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/Egss9XX
• Join our Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/wearelibertarians/
• Donate at Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/wearelibertarians
Disclaimer: This site and its content is not an endorsement of any political group, candidate, or party. All of the opinions are those of the individual author making the statement. The views of each contributor do not reflect the opinion of their employer or other contributors.
Andy Horning on the Root our our Problems
September 8th, 2012 | 41 mins 55 secs
Chris Spangle sits down to talk with US Senate candidate Andy Horning for an in-depth interview on running the first negative campaign on voters, why he keeps coming back, and what it’s like inside the Republican Party.
Joe Ruiz on Running for Congress in District 2
September 6th, 2012 | 24 mins 35 secs
Congressional District 2 candidate Joe Ruiz discusses his philosophy of government and updates us on his campaign.
21: Abdul-Hakim Shabazz, Romney and the Ron Paul Revolt
September 2nd, 2012 | 1 hr 8 mins
The guys welcome Abdul Hakim-Shabazz of IndyPolitics.org to talk about his views on kids these days, Ron Paul and Libertarians. The guys also discuss the RNC convention.
20: Ryan, Akin, Social Conservatism, and Tech News
August 27th, 2012 | 1 hr 28 mins
After a short State Fair-induced absence, we get back to work to talk about Paul Ryan’s libertarian credentials, Todd Akin and social conservatism, and then Gault shows up an hour and a half late to discuss tech news.
19: Where in the World is Creighton Harrington?
August 3rd, 2012 | 1 hr 5 mins
The guys discuss a multitude of issues, but most importantly, they celebrate the triumphant return of Creighton!
July 27th, 2012 | 1 hr 6 mins
Chris and Chris discuss the Chik-Fil-A controversy with Evan McMahon.
17: The Cost - Get Your Smokes While You Still Can
July 13th, 2012 | 1 hr 12 mins
This week, Chris and Chris interview the owner of a roll your own tobacco shop. (Creighton is out sick.) Because of a new law, they had to lay off 3/4 of their employees on Monday. Megan of the Smoke Station chain in Indianapolis explains the real dam...
16: Life in the Military ... I bunked with a guy that only talked about shrimp
July 13th, 2012 | 46 mins 42 secs
In a special bonus episode, the guys sit down with “Goose” to discuss what it’s like to serve in the military. “Goose” isn’t his real name, but he is an active duty soldier. He gives his perspective on politics, libertarianism, and the military.
15: Your God Given Right To Blow Things Up
July 6th, 2012 | 1 hr 7 mins
The guys discuss more fallout from Obamacare, fireworks bans, and we try an experiment.
14: Obamacare Ruling... Nothing Really to Talk About
July 1st, 2012 | 1 hr 3 mins
Chris, Creighton, and Chris struggle to find something to discuss in the slow news week… OK, we really talk about SCOTUS, Obamacare, Holder, and our contempt. Chris and Chris also try to talk Creighton down…
13: Censorship by the FCC and Fast and Furious
June 22nd, 2012 | 1 hr 2 mins
Former radio personality and Libertarian leader Mike Kole sits in on the show to discuss government censorship and the guys then hold the government in contempt. This podcast contains bleeped curse words.
12: Foreign Wars, Rand, and Immigration
June 15th, 2012 | 1 hr 2 mins
The guys discuss noninterventionism, Rand Paul and Mitt, and Obama’s immigration announcement.
11: Who Owns This Podcast?
June 10th, 2012 | 1 hr 3 mins
Who owns this collection of radio waves? We also discuss Rand, Walker, and Where is Chris Gault?
Chris Spangle gives the 2012 LPIN Executive Director’s Report
June 4th, 2012 | 9 mins 25 secs
Chris Spangle gives the 2012 Executive Director’s Report at the 2012 LPIN Convention.