We Are Libertarians with Chris Spangle
About the Show
We are libertarians. We love politics and the news, and our mission is to apply libertarian principles to the stories you and your friends are discussing. We want to make you sound smarter while treating modern politics with all of the irreverence it deserves. We seek to teach individuals about the news of the day, the libertarian philosophy, the libertarian movement, and how to think differently. Our host is Chris Spangle, a fifteen year veteran of politics and media. He leads a discussion amongst friends that span the libertarian spectrum of thought. The twice-weekly podcast was founded in 2012.
We hold the following paradigms for our political analysis:
- First and Foremost, We Ask 'What Is Best For Liberty?" by embracing the following concepts:
• Individualism • Individual Rights • Spontaneous Order • Limited Government • Free Markets • The Virtue of Production • Natural Harmony of Interest • Peace
- All Contributions Towards Moving Society in This Direction are Valued
- The Golden Rule is the Foundational Principle Of a Libertarian Society
- Government Exists And Politics Will Not Cease In Our Lifetime
- We Are Libertarians Will Serve As an Entry Point into the Libertarian Movement
- We Believe in Presenting All Sides of An Issue To Let the Listener or Reader Make Up Their Minds
- Achieving Liberty is a Never-Ending Fight and Libertarians Must Invest in Future Generations
- Every Individual Can Make Societal Change
- We Embrace Complexity and Reject Tribalism
- We Treat Modern Politics With All of the Irreverence It Deserves Read more at WeAreLibertarians.com.
Where to Find Us:
• Our podcast airs Wednesdays and Fridays: https://wal.fireside.fm/
• Learn more about us at http://wearelibertarians.com/
• Snapchat/Twitter: WeRLibertarians
• IG/Facebook: WeAreLibertarians
• Watch on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/wearelibertarians
• Join Our Email List: http://eepurl.com/sJ3Zb
• Join the Discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/Egss9XX
• Join our Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/wearelibertarians/
• Donate at Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/wearelibertarians
Disclaimer: This site and its content is not an endorsement of any political group, candidate, or party. All of the opinions are those of the individual author making the statement. The views of each contributor do not reflect the opinion of their employer or other contributors.
Joe Hauptmann on the Libertarian Party’s Growth
May 31st, 2012 | 13 mins 22 secs
Former LPIN Chair Joe Hauptmann speaks on the LP’s Growth over the last 40 years. Recorded at the 2010 LPIN Convention.
Rupert Boneham and Brad Klopfenstein on Their Run for Governor
May 29th, 2012 | 22 mins 49 secs
Rupert Boneham and Brad Klopfenstein sit down to discuss Rupert’s choice of Brad to serve as his running mate in their bid to become Indiana’s next Governor and Lt. Governor.
9: A triumphant return
May 27th, 2012 | 1 hr 1 min
Chris, Creighton, and Chris return to discuss what the heck is happening in the Ron Paul campaign, where we have been, and what are the Canadians up to?
8: We slow jam Ron Paul news
April 26th, 2012 | 58 mins 58 secs
Chris, Creighton, and Chris discuss the President on Jimmy Fallon, and can Ron Paul really win the GOP nomination?
7: How To Organize a Campus and Differences Between Boomer And Millennial Libertarians
April 19th, 2012 | 1 hr 2 mins
Chris, Creighton, Chris and special guest Andrew Reno discuss how to lead and organize a libertarian organization, especially on college campuses. They also discuss how to deal with rifts in your organization and the libertarian movement,
6: A Brokered Convention, Warren G. Harding and Pawn Stars
April 12th, 2012 | 1 hr 21 secs
Chris, Creighton, and Chris discuss the GOP primary now that Santorum is out, and Creighton and Gault try to convince Spangle that Ron Paul still has a chance by discussing Warren G. Harding. The guys then discuss the Occupy movement,
5: The SCOTUS: Judicial Activism or Limiting Government?
April 5th, 2012 | 1 hr 1 min
The guys discuss the President’s recent comment on the the Supreme Court, which leads to a discussion/argument on whether the Supreme Court is limiting the powers of the other two branches, or legislating from the bench prematurely.
4: How to fix health care and Professorial bias in college
March 29th, 2012 | 1 hr 2 mins
Chris, Creighton, and Chris discuss healthcare solutions in the wake of oral arguments in the Obamacare case currently in front of the SCOTUS. The guys also discuss what it means to be a libertarian college student on a campus filled with liberal profe...
3: Ryan’s Budget, Obamacare and the Courts, Fully Informed Juries
March 22nd, 2012 | 1 hr 1 min
Chris, Creighton, and Chris tackle Paul Ryan and Rand Paul’s budgets, Obamacare’s future in the SCOTUS, and what is a fully informed jury?
Rupert Boneham on Why He’s a Libertarian and Why Governor?
March 21st, 2012 | 29 mins 7 secs
Rupert Boneham, a candidate for the LPIN’s Gubernatorial nod, discusses how he found the Libertarian Party and why he’s running for Governor. Learn more at http://www.rupertforgovernor.com.
Abdul-Hakim Shabazz Discusses State Politics and Gives Advice to Libertarian Party Candidates
March 16th, 2012 | 25 mins 34 secs
Abdul-Hakim Shabazz joins the podcast to discuss the recent legislative session and gives advice to LPIN candidates from a political commentator’s perspective. Shabazz is the former host of Abdul in the Morning on WXNT and now is the editor of http://i...
2: Paul vs. Johnson, Civil Liberties, Vote Fraud
March 15th, 2012 | 55 mins 10 secs
This week, we discuss Paul vs. Johnson, Civil Liberties, Jesse Benton and Vote Fraud. We also update you on upcoming events. Creighton is out on spring break, so Jeremiah Hodgkin sits in on the past.
1: Introduction, Super Tuesday, Iran and Israel
March 8th, 2012 | 1 hr 1 min
We Are Libertarians is a weekly podcast for millennial Libertarians! Podcast RSS: http://feeds.feedburner.com/WeAreLibertarians Interact with us at http://www.WeAreLibertarians.com, which takes you to our facebook page.