We Are Libertarians with Chris Spangle
About the Show
We are libertarians. We love politics and the news, and our mission is to apply libertarian principles to the stories you and your friends are discussing. We want to make you sound smarter while treating modern politics with all of the irreverence it deserves. We seek to teach individuals about the news of the day, the libertarian philosophy, the libertarian movement, and how to think differently. Our host is Chris Spangle, a fifteen year veteran of politics and media. He leads a discussion amongst friends that span the libertarian spectrum of thought. The twice-weekly podcast was founded in 2012.
We hold the following paradigms for our political analysis:
- First and Foremost, We Ask 'What Is Best For Liberty?" by embracing the following concepts:
• Individualism • Individual Rights • Spontaneous Order • Limited Government • Free Markets • The Virtue of Production • Natural Harmony of Interest • Peace
- All Contributions Towards Moving Society in This Direction are Valued
- The Golden Rule is the Foundational Principle Of a Libertarian Society
- Government Exists And Politics Will Not Cease In Our Lifetime
- We Are Libertarians Will Serve As an Entry Point into the Libertarian Movement
- We Believe in Presenting All Sides of An Issue To Let the Listener or Reader Make Up Their Minds
- Achieving Liberty is a Never-Ending Fight and Libertarians Must Invest in Future Generations
- Every Individual Can Make Societal Change
- We Embrace Complexity and Reject Tribalism
- We Treat Modern Politics With All of the Irreverence It Deserves Read more at WeAreLibertarians.com.
Where to Find Us:
• Our podcast airs Wednesdays and Fridays: https://wal.fireside.fm/
• Learn more about us at http://wearelibertarians.com/
• Snapchat/Twitter: WeRLibertarians
• IG/Facebook: WeAreLibertarians
• Watch on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/wearelibertarians
• Join Our Email List: http://eepurl.com/sJ3Zb
• Join the Discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/Egss9XX
• Join our Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/wearelibertarians/
• Donate at Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/wearelibertarians
Disclaimer: This site and its content is not an endorsement of any political group, candidate, or party. All of the opinions are those of the individual author making the statement. The views of each contributor do not reflect the opinion of their employer or other contributors.
About We Are Libertarians
March 7th, 2012 | 29 mins 57 secs
Chris Spangle, Creighton Harrington, Greg Lenz, Gena Martinez, and Joe Ruiz discuss the origins of We Are Libertarians, how they found libertarianism, and what principles each finds important.
Phyllis Klosinski’s Fight for Property Rights
July 22nd, 2011 | 23 mins 16 secs
Klosinski vs. the Cordry Sweetwater Conservancy District has ramifications for every property owner in the state of Indiana.
Chris Spangle Interviews with Evan McMahon of Atlas Liberty
July 21st, 2011 | 21 mins 19 secs
Federal PAC Atlas Liberty has been more active than in previous years. After the 2010 elections, they hired a new Executive Director, Evan McMahon.
Chris Spangle on the Hammer and Nigel Podcast – State Dems Flee
March 4th, 2011 | 50 mins 19 secs
“Two rescheduled guests and a really long week of scrambling later, we came out with one of our best shows yet. Chris Spangle and April D Gregory, our political insiders, take us on a wild ride of making fun of politicians,
Chris Spangle speaks out against the Indiana Gay Marriage Amendment
January 28th, 2010 | 2 mins 35 secs
LPIN Executive Director Chris Spangle speaks out against the Indiana Gay Marriage Amendment at the Indiana Equality Action press conference.