We Are Libertarians with Chris Spangle
About the Show
We are libertarians. We love politics and the news, and our mission is to apply libertarian principles to the stories you and your friends are discussing. We want to make you sound smarter while treating modern politics with all of the irreverence it deserves. We seek to teach individuals about the news of the day, the libertarian philosophy, the libertarian movement, and how to think differently. Our host is Chris Spangle, a fifteen year veteran of politics and media. He leads a discussion amongst friends that span the libertarian spectrum of thought. The twice-weekly podcast was founded in 2012.
We hold the following paradigms for our political analysis:
- First and Foremost, We Ask 'What Is Best For Liberty?" by embracing the following concepts:
• Individualism • Individual Rights • Spontaneous Order • Limited Government • Free Markets • The Virtue of Production • Natural Harmony of Interest • Peace
- All Contributions Towards Moving Society in This Direction are Valued
- The Golden Rule is the Foundational Principle Of a Libertarian Society
- Government Exists And Politics Will Not Cease In Our Lifetime
- We Are Libertarians Will Serve As an Entry Point into the Libertarian Movement
- We Believe in Presenting All Sides of An Issue To Let the Listener or Reader Make Up Their Minds
- Achieving Liberty is a Never-Ending Fight and Libertarians Must Invest in Future Generations
- Every Individual Can Make Societal Change
- We Embrace Complexity and Reject Tribalism
- We Treat Modern Politics With All of the Irreverence It Deserves Read more at WeAreLibertarians.com.
Where to Find Us:
• Our podcast airs Wednesdays and Fridays: https://wal.fireside.fm/
• Learn more about us at http://wearelibertarians.com/
• Snapchat/Twitter: WeRLibertarians
• IG/Facebook: WeAreLibertarians
• Watch on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/wearelibertarians
• Join Our Email List: http://eepurl.com/sJ3Zb
• Join the Discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/Egss9XX
• Join our Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/wearelibertarians/
• Donate at Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/wearelibertarians
Disclaimer: This site and its content is not an endorsement of any political group, candidate, or party. All of the opinions are those of the individual author making the statement. The views of each contributor do not reflect the opinion of their employer or other contributors.
234: Lessons For Libertarians Found In Nazi Propaganda
October 9th, 2017 | 59 mins 43 secs
Chris Spangle and Greg Lenz guest host Leading Liberty with Jenn Gray.
What can libertarians learn from history’s most hated dictators? Simply put: the power of propaganda.
Hold on, you say. Isn’t propaganda a thing of the past? And isn’t it obvious when something or someone is trying to manipulate me? These are all good questions. Stay tuned, and we’ll give you some answers.
The fact is, even today, propaganda in some form is everywhere. It lurks in news, music, media, political speeches, and even history textbooks. More importantly, it still changes the way we think about the world and the decisions we make as a result. Is that scary? Well, it doesn’t have to be. It turns out the more you know about the history of propaganda, the more you’ll be able to recognize and resist it. Moreover, with the right tools, you can use elements of propaganda to better advocate for the ideas of liberty.
In this episode, guest hosts Chris Spangle and Greg Lenz are back to dissect how Hitler and the Nazis to take over Germany and how the influence of propaganda is still relevant today. Give us one hour, and you will learn:
Propaganda techniques used by the Nazis, and why they were effective.
How to determine when politicians are using propaganda to manipulate you.
Ways to resist the influence of propaganda.
What propaganda can teach libertarians about effective communication.
… and so much more. Listen right now, and you’ll have the tools to become a more informed citizen. Sound good? (Of course it does.) So why wait any longer? Let’s do this thing.
233: The Las Vegas Shooting and Gun Control
October 4th, 2017 | 2 hrs 18 mins
Chris Spangle, Greg Lenz, Harry Price, and Justin Hutchinson unfold the events of the Las Vegas shootings while refuting arguments that gun control would have prevented this tragedy.
232: The Solution for The Immigration Crisis, Trump's Tax Plan Explained
September 29th, 2017
2 hrs 19 mins
Chris Spangle, Greg Lenz, Brian Nichols, and Sara Potter discuss the pure libertarian position of open borders versus the conservative position of border control and then find a solution to the divisive issue. We then explain what is in President Trump's tax plan.
231: How To Win a War on Drugs, Russian Facebook Ads are BS, Trump and the NFL
September 27th, 2017 | 1 hr 50 mins
Chris Spangle and Harry Price Discuss:
- NFL Protests, Trump making useful idiots out of Boomers
- How to Win a War on Drugs
- Trump’s New Travel Ban
- Rand Paul’s Healthcare Demands, Graham.Cassidy Dead
- Alabama Senate Race a test of Bannon and McConnell, Foreshadows of 2018
- Should Twitter Ban Trump?
- Obama warns Facebook over Fake ads, but their investigation exposes Russia investigation as fake
- Social media propels AfD into German Reich
- Equifax CEO Steps Down. What Happened? Is your information at risk?
- Preview of the League of Liberty Podcast
230: Trump Speaks to the U.N., North Korean Crisis Explained
September 22nd, 2017 | 2 hrs 5 mins
Chris Spangle, Greg Lenz, and Tad Western dissect Trump's first real foreign policy speech in front of the U.N. and we explain the origins and solutions of the North Korean crisis.
229: Rand Paul Returns to the Stage, Trump's Lawyers, St. Louis Riots
September 20th, 2017 | 1 hr 10 mins
Chris Spangle and Harry Price detail Rand Paul's return to the news in his opposition to war funding and Trumpcare, Trump's lawyers revealing secret information to a reporter on accident, and the St. Louis protest against the acquittal of a white police officer killing a black man.
228: We Forgot 9-11
September 14th, 2017
1 hr 51 mins
Chris Spangle, Greg Lenz, and Dakota Davis discuss their experiences on 9-11 and the lasting change in the country. Dakota was 5 when it happened, and has no real awareness of that day's events, and we unpack the impact of a new generation not remembering this tragedy. We also are raising money for a victim of Harvey. Please donate here. https://donorsee.com/project/1258
227: Identity Politics, Racial Tension and Immigration
September 8th, 2017 | 1 hr 43 mins
Chris Spangle, Greg Lenz, Harry Price, and Abdul-Hakim Shabazz break down the current climate of racial tension from the black perspective, and we touch on immigration reform.
227 Bonus: Google is a CIA Front and Hurricane Relief
September 8th, 2017 | 1 hr 5 secs
We now have a special weekly bonus episode for our Patreon subscribers. You can get yours through a special bonus RSS feed here. Here is a sample. https://www.patreon.com/wearelibertarians Chris Spangle, Greg Lenz, and Harry Price discuss how Google was truly founded and then how the government is unnecessary in hurricane relief.
226: DACA Explained, North Korea, Utah Nurse Assaulted by Cop, Irma
September 6th, 2017 | 1 hr 14 mins
Chris Spangle, Harry Price, and Brian Nichols bring you the weekly news roundup. We cover Trump's ending of the Dreamer's program DACA, North Korea claims to have set off a hydrogen bomb, a Utah nurse is assaulted by a police officer, and we update you on Hurricane Irma.
225: Gender Roles and Campus Snowflakes with Cat's Roomates
September 3rd, 2017 | 1 hr 34 mins
Chris Spangle, Greg Lenz, Cat Anagnos, and Cat's college roommates Katie, Gina, and Jordan discuss what campus life is like in the age of SJWs and snowflakes. We also discuss gender roles in the workplace with two social work majors and an elementary education major.
224: Hurricane Harvey, Joel Osteen, and GoDaddy Deletes Neo-Nazi Websites
August 30th, 2017 | 1 hr 17 mins
Chris Spangle and Harry Price introduce the new second show every week. They then cover the major headlines of the week: Hurricane Harvey and the Houston floods, Joel Osteen gets shamed, North Korea shoots off missiles, GoDaddy Deletes Storm Warning, and Ron Paul gets de-monetized by YouTube.
223: Cat Returns, New Subscription Options, Bannon Is Out
August 28th, 2017 | 1 hr 54 mins
Chris Spangle, Greg Lenz, Cat Anagnos, and Jess Alsman avoid talking about politics, cover Cat's return to school, our new subscription plans, and Bannon's ousting.
Would you miss us if this podcast ended?
August 21st, 2017 | 4 mins 39 secs
Would you miss us if this podcast ended? You can prevent that by joining Dear Leader's Court https://www.patreon.com/wearelibertarians.
222: Racist Rally at Charlottesville, Chris Cantwell and the Alt-Right, Nick Sarwark vs. Tom Woods
August 18th, 2017 | 2 hrs 46 mins
Chris Spangle, Gregory Lenz, Brett Bittner, Matt Wittlief, and Mordan Dean discuss the racist rally at Charlottesville, the despicable Christopher Cantwell, the history of Richard Spender and the alt-right, and the fight between Libertarian Party (LNC) national Chairman Nicholas Sarwark and Tom Woods and the Mises Institute.