We Are Libertarians with Chris Spangle
About the Show
We are libertarians. We love politics and the news, and our mission is to apply libertarian principles to the stories you and your friends are discussing. We want to make you sound smarter while treating modern politics with all of the irreverence it deserves. We seek to teach individuals about the news of the day, the libertarian philosophy, the libertarian movement, and how to think differently. Our host is Chris Spangle, a fifteen year veteran of politics and media. He leads a discussion amongst friends that span the libertarian spectrum of thought. The twice-weekly podcast was founded in 2012.
We hold the following paradigms for our political analysis:
- First and Foremost, We Ask 'What Is Best For Liberty?" by embracing the following concepts:
• Individualism • Individual Rights • Spontaneous Order • Limited Government • Free Markets • The Virtue of Production • Natural Harmony of Interest • Peace
- All Contributions Towards Moving Society in This Direction are Valued
- The Golden Rule is the Foundational Principle Of a Libertarian Society
- Government Exists And Politics Will Not Cease In Our Lifetime
- We Are Libertarians Will Serve As an Entry Point into the Libertarian Movement
- We Believe in Presenting All Sides of An Issue To Let the Listener or Reader Make Up Their Minds
- Achieving Liberty is a Never-Ending Fight and Libertarians Must Invest in Future Generations
- Every Individual Can Make Societal Change
- We Embrace Complexity and Reject Tribalism
- We Treat Modern Politics With All of the Irreverence It Deserves Read more at WeAreLibertarians.com.
Where to Find Us:
• Our podcast airs Wednesdays and Fridays: https://wal.fireside.fm/
• Learn more about us at http://wearelibertarians.com/
• Snapchat/Twitter: WeRLibertarians
• IG/Facebook: WeAreLibertarians
• Watch on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/wearelibertarians
• Join Our Email List: http://eepurl.com/sJ3Zb
• Join the Discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/Egss9XX
• Join our Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/wearelibertarians/
• Donate at Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/wearelibertarians
Disclaimer: This site and its content is not an endorsement of any political group, candidate, or party. All of the opinions are those of the individual author making the statement. The views of each contributor do not reflect the opinion of their employer or other contributors.
227: Identity Politics, Racial Tension and Immigration
September 8th, 2017 | 1 hr 43 mins
Chris Spangle, Greg Lenz, Harry Price, and Abdul-Hakim Shabazz break down the current climate of racial tension from the black perspective, and we touch on immigration reform.
227 Bonus: Google is a CIA Front and Hurricane Relief
September 8th, 2017 | 1 hr 5 secs
We now have a special weekly bonus episode for our Patreon subscribers. You can get yours through a special bonus RSS feed here. Here is a sample. https://www.patreon.com/wearelibertarians Chris Spangle, Greg Lenz, and Harry Price discuss how Google was truly founded and then how the government is unnecessary in hurricane relief.
226: DACA Explained, North Korea, Utah Nurse Assaulted by Cop, Irma
September 6th, 2017 | 1 hr 14 mins
Chris Spangle, Harry Price, and Brian Nichols bring you the weekly news roundup. We cover Trump's ending of the Dreamer's program DACA, North Korea claims to have set off a hydrogen bomb, a Utah nurse is assaulted by a police officer, and we update you on Hurricane Irma.
225: Gender Roles and Campus Snowflakes with Cat's Roomates
September 3rd, 2017 | 1 hr 34 mins
Chris Spangle, Greg Lenz, Cat Anagnos, and Cat's college roommates Katie, Gina, and Jordan discuss what campus life is like in the age of SJWs and snowflakes. We also discuss gender roles in the workplace with two social work majors and an elementary education major.
224: Hurricane Harvey, Joel Osteen, and GoDaddy Deletes Neo-Nazi Websites
August 30th, 2017 | 1 hr 17 mins
Chris Spangle and Harry Price introduce the new second show every week. They then cover the major headlines of the week: Hurricane Harvey and the Houston floods, Joel Osteen gets shamed, North Korea shoots off missiles, GoDaddy Deletes Storm Warning, and Ron Paul gets de-monetized by YouTube.
223: Cat Returns, New Subscription Options, Bannon Is Out
August 28th, 2017 | 1 hr 54 mins
Chris Spangle, Greg Lenz, Cat Anagnos, and Jess Alsman avoid talking about politics, cover Cat's return to school, our new subscription plans, and Bannon's ousting.
Would you miss us if this podcast ended?
August 21st, 2017 | 4 mins 39 secs
Would you miss us if this podcast ended? You can prevent that by joining Dear Leader's Court https://www.patreon.com/wearelibertarians.
222: Racist Rally at Charlottesville, Chris Cantwell and the Alt-Right, Nick Sarwark vs. Tom Woods
August 18th, 2017 | 2 hrs 46 mins
Chris Spangle, Gregory Lenz, Brett Bittner, Matt Wittlief, and Mordan Dean discuss the racist rally at Charlottesville, the despicable Christopher Cantwell, the history of Richard Spender and the alt-right, and the fight between Libertarian Party (LNC) national Chairman Nicholas Sarwark and Tom Woods and the Mises Institute.
221: Kim Jong Un's Nuclear Threats
August 11th, 2017 | 2 hrs 3 mins
Chris Spangle, Greg Lenz, Jeremiah Morrel, Dakota Davis, and Tanner Perdue discuss the threats of nuclear war by North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un.
220: President Trump, The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly
August 5th, 2017 | 2 hrs 31 mins
Chris Spangle, Gregory Lenz, Cat Anagnos, and Tad Western discuss the good, the bad, and the ugly of the Trump Administration.
219: Civil Asset Forfeiture and Trump's Transgender Military Ban
July 31st, 2017 | 2 hrs 41 mins
Chris Spangle, Greg Lenz, Cat Anagnos, Harry Price, and Seth discuss the scourge of civil asset forfeiture, the fate of Jeff Sessions, and Trump's Trans ban in the military.
218: Chloe's Story - Big Government Impedes Self-Improvement
July 21st, 2017 | 1 hr 19 mins
Chris Spangle and Chloe Anagnos explain how government interferes with a person's ability to improve their lives in a new installment of The Cost: The Human Toll of Government Policy.
217: Is Anti-Intellectualism a Good Thing?
July 18th, 2017 | 1 hr 34 mins
Chris Spangle, Gregory Lenz, Cat Anagnos discuss the rising tide of anti-intellectualism in America, and if it is a good thing for our public discourse.
216: CNN, Explaining North Korea, Succession and the Free State of Jones
July 7th, 2017 | 2 hrs 53 mins
Chris Spangle, Gregory Lenz, and Cat Anagnos discuss Trump's CNN GIF, explain the background and complexity of the North Korean crisis, and review a libertarian movie titled The Free State of Jones.