We Are Libertarians helps you sound smarter while talking to your friends. If you struggle to understand politics, we explain it from an independent, libertarian point of view with all of the irreverence it deserves. We toss out the screaming heads, put people before political parties, and give context to the news to make you think. We exist to demystify, delegitimize, and desanctify government.
Our host is Chris Spangle, a fifteen year veteran of politics and media. He leads a discussion amongst friends and high-profile guests that span the libertarian spectrum of thought. Founded in 2012, the main podcast posts on Wednesdays.
The show is made up of several series. The majority of episodes are episodes explaining a story in the news. We label these so you can easily look up episodes in the RSS feed by keyword.
- The Swamp Explained is a look at the inner workings of Washington DC with Rob Quartel.
- The Path to Libertarianism features interviews with prominent libertarians discussing the influences that led them to libertarianism.
- Path to Libertarianism Q&A takes all of the basic questions that new libertarians may have about the philosophy and answers them.
- The Cost – The Human Toll of Public Policy is a conversation with someone that has dealt with the true costs of government intervention.
- Libertarian Politics and Policy is a short look at how libertarians would organize society. (Formerly WAL Daily)
- We occasionally feature political and ideological debates.
- We also offer two bonus shows for our Patreon members. Ideological Origins is an in-depth look at how political ideas have developed through history. Build the WAL is a show that discusses the inside details of building a platform like WAL.
- Subscribe to the podcast: https://link.chtbl.com/we-are-libertarians
- Support us on Patreon - https://www.patreon.com/wearelibertarians
- Get The Libertarian Aurora email - http://eepurl.com/dDQSev
- Join the Facebook Group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/wearelibertarians
- Listen to WAL Network Shows - https://wearelibertarians.com/shows/
- Subscribe to the YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/WeAreLibertarians
- Start a Liberty & Chill - https://wearelibertarians.com/liberty-chill
August 9th, 2015 | 1 hr 15 mins
Chris, Greg and Jeremiah Morrell recap the two GOP debates.
August 5th, 2015 | 1 hr 40 mins
Chris, Joe, Greg and Harry discuss Joe’s amazing new life, the Sandra Bland tragedy, Planned Parenthood, and Trump.
July 10th, 2015 | 1 hr 43 mins
Chris and Greg talk to Abdul-Hakim Shabazz, Chris’s former boss. Abdul is a member of the local political establishment and damn proud of it. He is a political commentator, lawyer, and former government official.
July 3rd, 2015 | 2 hrs 16 mins
Chris, Creighton, Greg, Chris Peffers, and Nick Taylor discuss the 2016 POTUS Race and current monetary policy.
June 25th, 2015 | 1 hr 59 mins
Chris and Greg chat with Melyssa Donaghy, a former dominatrix that turned the persecution of her business into a supposed political movement that allegedly ousted a mayor in a major city.
June 22nd, 2015 | 1 hr 27 mins
Chris, Greg, Chris Peffers and Harry Price discuss Rachel Dolezal and the Charleston shootings.
June 12th, 2015 | 1 hr 33 mins
Chris and Greg welcome two libertarian trolls, Aaron and Tyler Weiss, to the show to discuss political correctness and social justice warriors. This episode was recorded with 113, but was split into two and posted on separate days to screw with Aaron and Tyler.
June 11th, 2015 | 56 mins 34 secs
Chris, Greg, Aaron Ewert, and Tyler Weiss speak to Mark Rutherford of the LNCC on the path to victory for Libertarian Party candidates.
May 29th, 2015 | 2 hrs 3 mins
Chris, Greg, Chris Peffers, and Nick Taylor discuss Rand Paul and his recent ISIS comments and a veteran’s reaction to Memorial Day.
May 23rd, 2015 | 1 hr 32 mins
Chris and Greg do a lot of ranting on free speech, and Miah calls in to discuss flag burning.
May 15th, 2015 | 1 hr 53 mins
Chris, Greg, and Harry Price discuss recent actions on domestic spying, protecting your own cybersecurity, the NSA, and the Trans-Pacific Partnership and free trade.
May 1st, 2015 | 59 mins 10 secs
Joe discusses many different issues regarding law enforcement with Elkhart County Sheriff Brad Rogers.