We Are Libertarians helps you sound smarter while talking to your friends. If you struggle to understand politics, we explain it from an independent, libertarian point of view with all of the irreverence it deserves. We toss out the screaming heads, put people before political parties, and give context to the news to make you think. We exist to demystify, delegitimize, and desanctify government.
Our host is Chris Spangle, a fifteen year veteran of politics and media. He leads a discussion amongst friends and high-profile guests that span the libertarian spectrum of thought. Founded in 2012, the main podcast posts on Wednesdays.
The show is made up of several series. The majority of episodes are episodes explaining a story in the news. We label these so you can easily look up episodes in the RSS feed by keyword.
- The Swamp Explained is a look at the inner workings of Washington DC with Rob Quartel.
- The Path to Libertarianism features interviews with prominent libertarians discussing the influences that led them to libertarianism.
- Path to Libertarianism Q&A takes all of the basic questions that new libertarians may have about the philosophy and answers them.
- The Cost – The Human Toll of Public Policy is a conversation with someone that has dealt with the true costs of government intervention.
- Libertarian Politics and Policy is a short look at how libertarians would organize society. (Formerly WAL Daily)
- We occasionally feature political and ideological debates.
- We also offer two bonus shows for our Patreon members. Ideological Origins is an in-depth look at how political ideas have developed through history. Build the WAL is a show that discusses the inside details of building a platform like WAL.
- Subscribe to the podcast: https://link.chtbl.com/we-are-libertarians
- Support us on Patreon - https://www.patreon.com/wearelibertarians
- Get The Libertarian Aurora email - http://eepurl.com/dDQSev
- Join the Facebook Group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/wearelibertarians
- Listen to WAL Network Shows - https://wearelibertarians.com/shows/
- Subscribe to the YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/WeAreLibertarians
- Start a Liberty & Chill - https://wearelibertarians.com/liberty-chill
March 13th, 2015 | 1 hr 57 mins
We discuss Hillary Clinton's email scandal and how it affects her run for President, and we discuss if Rand is pure enough for most libertarians.
February 27th, 2015 | 2 hrs 39 mins
The WAL gang of past and present meet to reflect on 100 episodes and discuss the growth of the libertarian movement since our launch in March of 2012. With us: Chris Spangle, Creighton Harrington, Joe Ruiz and his wife Mikki, Greg Lenz, Miah Akston, Harry Price, Chris and Daniel Peffers, Brett Bittner and Crystal Goss.
February 26th, 2015 | 2 hrs 18 mins
Chris and Greg are joined by Brett Bittner, a former school board member, and Jeffrey, a teacher to discuss the problems with our education system and the need for education reform. But first, we discuss the passing of Net Neutrality.
February 22nd, 2015 | 1 hr 39 mins
Chris, Greg, and Creighton discuss the thought control employed by some libertarians and go off on "An Open Letter to Ron Paul." And are left libertarians welcomed in the movement? Also, the prodigal son returns on an Apple device.
February 16th, 2015 | 1 hr 22 mins
Chris and Greg meander through a few news stories and then discuss likability, how to persuade people, and why libertarians should be more like Brian Williams.
January 16th, 2015 | 1 hr 38 mins
Chris and Greg greet a returning Gena Martinez as we discuss the Paris and Boko Haram massacres and how to fight radical Islam.
December 30th, 2014 | 1 hr 34 mins
By popular demand, and gunpoint, we let Miah Akston and Harry Price host this episode of WAL. They discuss gamergate and many other items of interest to the Pink Menace. We take no responsibility for anything she says. Her opinions are her own.
December 16th, 2014 | 2 hrs 28 secs
Chris, Greg and Harry Price ask if body cameras are worth the expense after the death of Eric Garner.
November 25th, 2014 | 1 hr 37 mins
Chris and Greg discuss Thanksgiving, the immigration debate, and the Ferguson decision.
November 18th, 2014 | 1 hr 58 mins
Chris and Greg discuss the changing nature of how we learn, Net Neutrality, the recent elections, and recap our previous podcast: Rachel’s Story.
November 17th, 2014 | 56 mins 5 secs
libertarian, libertarianism, opinion, politics
Jeff Vibbert asks me about my experiences working for The Bob & Tom Show and what my post-divorce life is like.
November 3rd, 2014 | 1 hr 50 mins
Chris and Greg sit down to talk to Claude "Woody" Wood and Linda Martel of Indianapolis, IN about the death of Woody's daughter Rachel Wood while an inmate in Indiana prisons. It is is a difficult story that shows us the tragic results of an inhumane system. We want to warn you that this is graphic and emotional.