We Are Libertarians helps you sound smarter while talking to your friends. If you struggle to understand politics, we explain it from an independent, libertarian point of view with all of the irreverence it deserves. We toss out the screaming heads, put people before political parties, and give context to the news to make you think. We exist to demystify, delegitimize, and desanctify government.
Our host is Chris Spangle, a fifteen year veteran of politics and media. He leads a discussion amongst friends and high-profile guests that span the libertarian spectrum of thought. Founded in 2012, the main podcast posts on Wednesdays.
The show is made up of several series. The majority of episodes are episodes explaining a story in the news. We label these so you can easily look up episodes in the RSS feed by keyword.
- The Swamp Explained is a look at the inner workings of Washington DC with Rob Quartel.
- The Path to Libertarianism features interviews with prominent libertarians discussing the influences that led them to libertarianism.
- Path to Libertarianism Q&A takes all of the basic questions that new libertarians may have about the philosophy and answers them.
- The Cost – The Human Toll of Public Policy is a conversation with someone that has dealt with the true costs of government intervention.
- Libertarian Politics and Policy is a short look at how libertarians would organize society. (Formerly WAL Daily)
- We occasionally feature political and ideological debates.
- We also offer two bonus shows for our Patreon members. Ideological Origins is an in-depth look at how political ideas have developed through history. Build the WAL is a show that discusses the inside details of building a platform like WAL.
- Subscribe to the podcast: https://link.chtbl.com/we-are-libertarians
- Support us on Patreon - https://www.patreon.com/wearelibertarians
- Get The Libertarian Aurora email - http://eepurl.com/dDQSev
- Join the Facebook Group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/wearelibertarians
- Listen to WAL Network Shows - https://wearelibertarians.com/shows/
- Subscribe to the YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/WeAreLibertarians
- Start a Liberty & Chill - https://wearelibertarians.com/liberty-chill
August 17th, 2013 | 59 mins 46 secs
We invite Rob Kendall, author and host of the Rob Kendall Show, on to discuss writing a book, political activism, and working in radio.
August 15th, 2013 | 1 hr 18 mins
Chris, Greg, and Gena discuss the upheaval in Egypt and what it means for the world, and the end of mandatory minimums and maybe the drug war? *WARNING** We complement the Obama administration 1 1/2 times in this episode.
August 10th, 2013 | 1 hr 23 mins
Chris, Creighton, Greg, and Gena discuss Creighton’s time at the HQ of Young Americans for Liberty in DC this summer, Barack Obama’s victimhood, and the coming revelation on Obama’s own Iran-Contra scandal.
August 10th, 2013 | 1 hr 7 mins
We discuss the potential prime-time shake-ups at cable news outlets, the Bezos purchase of the Washington Post, CNN’s reach for relevance, and when to use inside information.
August 3rd, 2013 | 56 mins 37 secs
Ryan, Chris and Joe discuss Spangle’s love for Jake Tapper and his investigative journalism at CNN, the lack of news on the Bradley Manning trial, and discuss being the media.
July 28th, 2013 | 1 hr 24 secs
Ryan, Chris, and Joe learn what it is like to be a local talk radio show host from Casey Hendrickson, and then discuss coverage of the Amash amendment, and Jay Carney has another bad week.
July 28th, 2013 | 1 hr 24 mins
Chris and Greg discuss what is responsible for the downfall of Detroit, the Amash amendment, and the superficial politics of Sydney Leathers.
July 20th, 2013 | 1 hr 16 mins
We give a different perspective on the Rolling Stone kerfuffle, the media and Zimmerman, and Bradley Manning.
July 19th, 2013 | 1 hr 51 mins
Chris, Creighton, Greg, and Gena discuss the war inside the GOP, where centrists fit in American politics, and discuss the latest developments in Obamacare.
July 12th, 2013 | 57 mins 40 secs
We discuss the wall to wall coverage of the Zimmerman trial.
July 12th, 2013 | 1 hr 36 mins
Chris, Greg, and Gena discuss the LPTN DUI stop viral video, we lend support to Adam Kokesh, and discuss what a moral foreign policy looks like.
July 5th, 2013 | 1 hr 4 mins
Ryan, Chris, and Joe discuss the media’s response to James Clapper’s perjury, the media’s lack of coverage of Egypt, and Dick Durbin’s disturbing anti-first amendment stance.