We Are Libertarians helps you sound smarter while talking to your friends. If you struggle to understand politics, we explain it from an independent, libertarian point of view with all of the irreverence it deserves. We toss out the screaming heads, put people before political parties, and give context to the news to make you think. We exist to demystify, delegitimize, and desanctify government.
Our host is Chris Spangle, a fifteen year veteran of politics and media. He leads a discussion amongst friends and high-profile guests that span the libertarian spectrum of thought. Founded in 2012, the main podcast posts on Wednesdays.
The show is made up of several series. The majority of episodes are episodes explaining a story in the news. We label these so you can easily look up episodes in the RSS feed by keyword.
- The Swamp Explained is a look at the inner workings of Washington DC with Rob Quartel.
- The Path to Libertarianism features interviews with prominent libertarians discussing the influences that led them to libertarianism.
- Path to Libertarianism Q&A takes all of the basic questions that new libertarians may have about the philosophy and answers them.
- The Cost – The Human Toll of Public Policy is a conversation with someone that has dealt with the true costs of government intervention.
- Libertarian Politics and Policy is a short look at how libertarians would organize society. (Formerly WAL Daily)
- We occasionally feature political and ideological debates.
- We also offer two bonus shows for our Patreon members. Ideological Origins is an in-depth look at how political ideas have developed through history. Build the WAL is a show that discusses the inside details of building a platform like WAL.
- Subscribe to the podcast: https://link.chtbl.com/we-are-libertarians
- Support us on Patreon - https://www.patreon.com/wearelibertarians
- Get The Libertarian Aurora email - http://eepurl.com/dDQSev
- Join the Facebook Group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/wearelibertarians
- Listen to WAL Network Shows - https://wearelibertarians.com/shows/
- Subscribe to the YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/WeAreLibertarians
- Start a Liberty & Chill - https://wearelibertarians.com/liberty-chill
June 14th, 2013 | 1 hr 23 mins
Chris, Creighton, Greg, Gena, and Joe discuss the NSA and if Edward Snowden is a hero. Miah then drops in and we debate the concept of nationalism/patriotism.
June 7th, 2013 | 1 hr 29 mins
Chris Spangle, Greg Lenz, and Gena Martinez discuss the NSA scandal and the fourth amendment.
June 7th, 2013 | 25 mins 10 secs
Chris, Greg, and Gena Martinez wander through a few topics. We wanted to tighten up the show so we cut this out, but there is some fun stuff in here. PS – No beeps, and Gena has a potty mouth.
June 1st, 2013 | 1 hr 10 mins
Chris, Creighton, Greg and Joe discuss Creighton's internship at Young Americans For Liberty (not affiliated with this podcast in any way, shape, or form), the moral dilemma of the FBI running a child porn site, and why do so many libertarians subscribe to the aggression principle?
May 30th, 2013 | 1 hr 28 mins
Chris, Greg, and Miah discuss the ongoing Obama scandals while making fun of each other. Due to some technical issues, we’re posting a week late. Sorry.
May 30th, 2013 | 28 mins 29 secs
Chris, Greg, and Miah share their thoughts on Adam Kokesh. This is cut out of the regular show because it is no longer timely, but worth the listen.
May 16th, 2013 | 1 hr 27 mins
Chris, Creighton, Joe Ruiz, and Miah Akston discuss the three Obama scandals (IRS, AP spying, and Benghazi) and speculate on a potential fourth.
May 3rd, 2013 | 1 hr 25 mins
Chris, Creighton, Greg, and Ethan Hatcher discuss religion in the military and Christian persecution, Miah pops in to discuss the Washington Redskins and white people, and then James Nease shows up to ruin our podcast with drugs and Mutualism.
April 23rd, 2013 | 1 hr 57 mins
Chris, Creighton, Greg, Miah Akston, and Gena Martinez discuss the Boston bomber search and the violation of Watertown's fourth amendment rights, the alleged terrorists Miranda rights, what could have led to their radicalization, and what can we do about terrorism?
April 23rd, 2013 | 49 mins 30 secs
Chris Spangle speaks to the Libertarian Party of Indiana about libertarianism and politics amongst the millennial generation.
April 18th, 2013 | 1 hr 14 mins
Chris, Creighton, and Greg discuss the death of the gun control bill, Obama’s aloofness, and Boston.
April 12th, 2013 | 38 mins 3 secs
Here is my interview with Crazy Larry, a WXNT fan favorite, when I guest-hosted the show on August 3, 2007.