We Are Libertarians helps you sound smarter while talking to your friends. If you struggle to understand politics, we explain it from an independent, libertarian point of view with all of the irreverence it deserves. We toss out the screaming heads, put people before political parties, and give context to the news to make you think. We exist to demystify, delegitimize, and desanctify government.
Our host is Chris Spangle, a fifteen year veteran of politics and media. He leads a discussion amongst friends and high-profile guests that span the libertarian spectrum of thought. Founded in 2012, the main podcast posts on Wednesdays.
The show is made up of several series. The majority of episodes are episodes explaining a story in the news. We label these so you can easily look up episodes in the RSS feed by keyword.
- The Swamp Explained is a look at the inner workings of Washington DC with Rob Quartel.
- The Path to Libertarianism features interviews with prominent libertarians discussing the influences that led them to libertarianism.
- Path to Libertarianism Q&A takes all of the basic questions that new libertarians may have about the philosophy and answers them.
- The Cost – The Human Toll of Public Policy is a conversation with someone that has dealt with the true costs of government intervention.
- Libertarian Politics and Policy is a short look at how libertarians would organize society. (Formerly WAL Daily)
- We occasionally feature political and ideological debates.
- We also offer two bonus shows for our Patreon members. Ideological Origins is an in-depth look at how political ideas have developed through history. Build the WAL is a show that discusses the inside details of building a platform like WAL.
- Subscribe to the podcast: https://link.chtbl.com/we-are-libertarians
- Support us on Patreon - https://www.patreon.com/wearelibertarians
- Get The Libertarian Aurora email - http://eepurl.com/dDQSev
- Join the Facebook Group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/wearelibertarians
- Listen to WAL Network Shows - https://wearelibertarians.com/shows/
- Subscribe to the YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/WeAreLibertarians
- Start a Liberty & Chill - https://wearelibertarians.com/liberty-chill
April 12th, 2013 | 1 hr 11 mins
Chris, Creighton and Greg discuss the little fat kid in North Korea, and then three white guys talk about racism.
April 5th, 2013 | 1 hr 44 mins
Chris, Creighton, Greg, Joe Ruiz, and Daniel Peffers discuss when we should take prominent libertarian figures at their word, we discuss our favorite media outlets and how we consume the news, and the vision for We Are Libertarians.
March 30th, 2013 | 1 hr 48 mins
Chris, Creighton, Greg and Lynn Swayze discuss gay marriage, Cyprus, Russia and China and our terrifying possible future, how Millennials can save it, and Creighton jams out for the audience.
March 17th, 2013 | 1 hr 9 mins
Chris, Greg, Creighton, and Joe Ruiz discuss the newest budget proposals, the soul of the GOP (if there is one) and discuss the CPAC straw poll.
March 8th, 2013 | 1 hr 40 mins
Chris, Creighton, Greg, and Miah discuss Rand Paul, drones, the rest of the Senate’s reaction, and Dennis Rodman. If you are a Creighton fan, then you will LOVE this episode This episode marks the ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY of We Are Libertarians!
March 1st, 2013 | 1 hr 15 mins
Chris, Creighton, Greg, Miah and guest Hannah Drazich discuss if Glenn Beck is “allowed” to call himself a libertarian. You may be suprised. The theme of today’s show is: “At what point does one become a libertarian?”
February 28th, 2013 | 18 mins
Chris joins Off the Air Live. “Glenn Beck begs for acceptance from libertarians..is it about time we be a little more open minded to newcomers who want to learn? We talk to Chris Spangle from We are Libertarians about this ”
February 23rd, 2013 | 34 mins 49 secs
Chris Spangle sat down with Rupert Boneham to discuss the origin and mission of Rupert’s Kids, the kids in the program, and our broken criminal justice system. He makes some very thoughtful points about how our system sets up the kids caught in the bottom 10% of the socio-economic ladder for failure. You can donate to Rupert’s Kids.
February 23rd, 2013 | 1 hr 2 mins
Chris, Chris, Creighton, and Greg discuss Gault’s behavior over Google products, Spangle gives an update on the Students for Liberty conference, and the guys discuss the future of the libertarian movement. We also end with some very troubling audio from Washington D.C.
February 15th, 2013 | 1 hr 25 mins
Chris, Creighton, Miah and Greg discuss the State of the Union, Minimum wage, and the due process not afforded to Christopher Dorner.
February 13th, 2013 | 18 mins 2 secs
Today I had the opportunity to interview Elkhart County Sheriff Brad Rogers. Sheriff Rogers is a Constitutionalist who feels very passionately about the responsibilities that he has been given. He takes pride in maintaining his oath and standing by our...
February 9th, 2013 | 1 hr 9 mins
Chris, Creighton and Greg discuss the government killing Americans, the LAPD and the man terrorizing them, the USPS ending Saturday delivery, and the Indianapolis Motor Speedway asking for corporate welfare.