We Are Libertarians helps you sound smarter while talking to your friends. If you struggle to understand politics, we explain it from an independent, libertarian point of view with all of the irreverence it deserves. We toss out the screaming heads, put people before political parties, and give context to the news to make you think. We exist to demystify, delegitimize, and desanctify government.
Our host is Chris Spangle, a fifteen year veteran of politics and media. He leads a discussion amongst friends and high-profile guests that span the libertarian spectrum of thought. Founded in 2012, the main podcast posts on Wednesdays.
The show is made up of several series. The majority of episodes are episodes explaining a story in the news. We label these so you can easily look up episodes in the RSS feed by keyword.
- The Swamp Explained is a look at the inner workings of Washington DC with Rob Quartel.
- The Path to Libertarianism features interviews with prominent libertarians discussing the influences that led them to libertarianism.
- Path to Libertarianism Q&A takes all of the basic questions that new libertarians may have about the philosophy and answers them.
- The Cost – The Human Toll of Public Policy is a conversation with someone that has dealt with the true costs of government intervention.
- Libertarian Politics and Policy is a short look at how libertarians would organize society. (Formerly WAL Daily)
- We occasionally feature political and ideological debates.
- We also offer two bonus shows for our Patreon members. Ideological Origins is an in-depth look at how political ideas have developed through history. Build the WAL is a show that discusses the inside details of building a platform like WAL.
- Subscribe to the podcast: https://link.chtbl.com/we-are-libertarians
- Support us on Patreon - https://www.patreon.com/wearelibertarians
- Get The Libertarian Aurora email - http://eepurl.com/dDQSev
- Join the Facebook Group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/wearelibertarians
- Listen to WAL Network Shows - https://wearelibertarians.com/shows/
- Subscribe to the YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/WeAreLibertarians
- Start a Liberty & Chill - https://wearelibertarians.com/liberty-chill
May 29th, 2012 | 22 mins 49 secs
Rupert Boneham and Brad Klopfenstein sit down to discuss Rupert’s choice of Brad to serve as his running mate in their bid to become Indiana’s next Governor and Lt. Governor.
May 27th, 2012 | 1 hr 1 min
Chris, Creighton, and Chris return to discuss what the heck is happening in the Ron Paul campaign, where we have been, and what are the Canadians up to?
April 26th, 2012 | 58 mins 58 secs
Chris, Creighton, and Chris discuss the President on Jimmy Fallon, and can Ron Paul really win the GOP nomination?
April 19th, 2012 | 1 hr 2 mins
Chris, Creighton, Chris and special guest Andrew Reno discuss how to lead and organize a libertarian organization, especially on college campuses. They also discuss how to deal with rifts in your organization and the libertarian movement,
April 12th, 2012 | 1 hr 21 secs
Chris, Creighton, and Chris discuss the GOP primary now that Santorum is out, and Creighton and Gault try to convince Spangle that Ron Paul still has a chance by discussing Warren G. Harding. The guys then discuss the Occupy movement,
April 5th, 2012 | 1 hr 1 min
The guys discuss the President’s recent comment on the the Supreme Court, which leads to a discussion/argument on whether the Supreme Court is limiting the powers of the other two branches, or legislating from the bench prematurely.
March 29th, 2012 | 1 hr 2 mins
Chris, Creighton, and Chris discuss healthcare solutions in the wake of oral arguments in the Obamacare case currently in front of the SCOTUS. The guys also discuss what it means to be a libertarian college student on a campus filled with liberal profe...
March 22nd, 2012 | 1 hr 1 min
Chris, Creighton, and Chris tackle Paul Ryan and Rand Paul’s budgets, Obamacare’s future in the SCOTUS, and what is a fully informed jury?
March 21st, 2012 | 29 mins 7 secs
Rupert Boneham, a candidate for the LPIN’s Gubernatorial nod, discusses how he found the Libertarian Party and why he’s running for Governor. Learn more at http://www.rupertforgovernor.com.
March 16th, 2012 | 25 mins 34 secs
Abdul-Hakim Shabazz joins the podcast to discuss the recent legislative session and gives advice to LPIN candidates from a political commentator’s perspective. Shabazz is the former host of Abdul in the Morning on WXNT and now is the editor of http://i...
March 15th, 2012 | 55 mins 10 secs
civil liberties, gary johnson, ron paul, vote fraud
This week, we discuss Paul vs. Johnson, Civil Liberties, Jesse Benton and Vote Fraud. We also update you on upcoming events. Creighton is out on spring break, so Jeremiah Hodgkin sits in on the past.